We’re hopeless optimists here at Sartorial Interiors – always striving and believing that we can collectively achieve something of a Utopia, where the world finds peace and harmony between all its species, there’s enough food and clean air and water for all, and cruelty is a thing of the past. And of course, we picture it all looking rather gorgeous too!
So, here’s how we approach our work while trying to achieve our Utopian ideal:
- We hate landfill, so will always promote quality over quantity. And love recycling things through re-upholstery etc!
- We strive to support Australian jobs and products by promoting local goods and people whenever suitable.
- We aim to use eco friendly and sustainable products wherever possible
- We will never sell or promote anything that is endangered
- We’re keen on respect, kindness and appreciation for others’ time and thoughts. We really like it when this is a two way path!
Another area which we’re particularly sensitive to is animal welfare. We don’t like cruelty so if we do use animal products, we always ask the supplier if the items were gained humanely. For example, we source hides from a supplier that can certify that the animals were killed humanely (ie stunned first) for their meat and that the hide is actually a bi-product. We take a fairly pragmatic approach to this – we eat meat and wear leather, so it would be hypocritical if we then said we won’t sell a hide rug. Sometimes despite our best efforts we are not always able to confirm a product’s provenance. In an effort to right this, we donate every month to Animals Australia and WWF (the tiger appeal). We would also encourage others to consider giving back if at all possible. Let’s try to make this a truly beautiful world in every sense!